Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Here goes.

Matt and I have decided to try the Master Cleanse Detox. I am sure you have heard of this or know of someone who has tried it. Basically, its a 10-day diet of drinking nothing but "Lemonade"- which consists of 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice, 2 tbs Grade B Maple Syrup, Cayenne pepper and 8 oz water. We need to drink at minimum 6 glasses a day and to drink whenever you felt hungry. And, we need to also drink a Salt Water Flush to induce the bowel movements daily. I am actually fearing this part the most...drinking a liter of sea salt water each day...crap. Literally.

We decided to do this for a few reasons. One, it's a quick way to lose weight. I have heard you can lose up to 20 lbs on it, but, it can quickly be gained back after the cleanse is over. I am hoping this will jumpstart our bodies into eating healthier, and make us more conscious overall about our eating habits and what we are eating.

Second, and most importantly, the detox! Our bodies have held this waste for YEARS, our whole lives probably. I keep reading about how you will feel more energized and youthful looking.

So..here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment